Now is a great time to take control of your privacy and support a free and open internet with limited-time Black Friday offers from Proton.
This is a special opportunity to get Proton services at a discount, and this year we’re including something new. In addition to getting up to 50% off a ProtonMail Plus and ProtonVPN Plus plan, you can also get free early access to ProtonDrive beta, our new end-to-end encrypted cloud storage service.
We’re excited to provide ProtonDrive because it gives you the opportunity to protect more of your data with end-to-end encryption, while also supporting our mission to make privacy more widely accessible to everyone.
Proton’s Black Friday 2020 deals are available from now until Nov. 29. Here’s how you can take advantage of this offer:
New to Proton?Get the deal here
Already have a Free Proton account?Sign in to get the deal
If you already have a paid account or you’re looking for information about other Proton products, keep reading for full details of this year’s Black Friday event.
This year’s Black Friday deals
During the 2020 Black Friday offer, you have the opportunity to upgrade to ProtonMail Plus, ProtonVPN Plus, or both, while also becoming one of the first to try out ProtonDrive beta.
- Our best offer this year gives you ProtonMail Plus and ProtonVPN Plus for 50% off the normal monthly price, as well as early access to ProtonDrive beta. With this offer, you will pay just $7.50 per month, billed as $180 for two years.
We’re also offering:
- 45% off a one-year subscription to ProtonMail Plus and ProtonVPN Plus, including early access to ProtonDrive beta ($8.25/month, billed as $99 for one year)
- 35% off a one-year subscription to ProtonMail Plus ($3.25/month, billed as $39 for one year)
After the first year, the one-year subscriptions above will renew with a 35% and 20% discount, respectively. Two-year subscriptions renew with a 47% discount.
Because we are community-supported and do not earn revenue from ads, we rarely offer discounts. We hope that our Black Friday deals this year can help more people to take control of their privacy.
Just click one of the buttons above to get started.
What you get from Proton Plus plans
Proton lets you use the internet privately and securely, without anyone abusing your personal data or blocking your access to information. With Proton services, your data is accessible only to you. Not even we have the ability to read your emails, view your calendar events, or see your files on the cloud.
Plus plans let you do even more.
- ProtonMail Plus gives you 5 GB of storage and adds premium features to your inbox. You will be able to create extra email addresses and use your own custom domain. ProtonMail Plus accounts also have full access to ProtonCalendar beta and all ProtonContacts features.
- ProtonVPN Plus gives you our highest-speed servers in over 50 countries, support for streaming services (Netflix, Disney+, etc.), P2P/BitTorrent support, one-click Tor access, and many other advanced features. ProtonVPN allows you to keep all your online activity private and secure.
- If you upgrade to both ProtonMail Plus and ProtonVPN Plus with a two-year or one-year billing cycle (or get our Visionary plan), you will also get exclusive early access to ProtonDrive, which is currently in beta testing with basic functionality that allows you to store files with end-to-end encryption. This is perfect for backing up sensitive documents securely online where they can be accessed at any time, from anywhere in the world. Early access to ProtonDrive is permanent, and you will also get access to the paid version of ProtonDrive after the beta period as long as your subscription remains active.
With our suite of services, you can communicate privately, keep your online activity private, and securely store your data with end-to-end encryption.
You can help build a better internet
We believe everyone should have access to privacy, security, and freedom on the internet. We’re working toward this vision by creating online services that put people first, giving you the tools to protect your privacy, secure your data, fight censorship, and protect freedom of speech.
Our mission is possible thanks to the millions of people who support our work by upgrading to paid accounts.
Throughout the rest of this year and into next, we will continue to build and improve on all our products, integrating them into a single encrypted ecosystem.
By upgrading during Black Friday, you will not only get the best deal, you will also directly contribute towards building a better internet that serves everyone.
Frequently asked questions
The Black Friday offer only lasts until Nov. 30 at 6:59 AM Geneva time (CET).
You can take advantage of this promotion if you are new to Proton or if you have a Free plan.
During the current early access period, ProtonDrive beta provides end-to-end encrypted cloud storage, which secures your files with the same kind of encryption we use to secure emails in ProtonMail and events in ProtonCalendar. We continue to build more features for ProtonDrive, but the early access version is already ideal for some use cases:
– Securely backing up sensitive files, such as medical records, financial documents, copies of identity documents
– Storing files with end-to-end encryption in the cloud, so you can access them from any device
Additionally, by using the ProtonDrive beta, you can help guide product development by sharing your feedback with our designers and engineers.
Learn more about early access to ProtonDrive here.
If you are an existing paying user, you can upgrade to a ProtonMail Plus and ProtonVPN Plus bundle at a 47% discount on two-year subscriptions and get free early access to ProtonDrive beta. To get the promotion, please log in at mail.protonmail.com and click on the Special Offer icon.
If you already have a two-year ProtonMail Plus and ProtonVPN Plus bundle, we have already applied the 47% discount to your plan, and you also have early access to ProtonDrive.
Furthermore, all existing users are eligible for storage bonuses. Depending on when you first got a paid ProtonMail account, you could have received up to 20 GB of free storage.
Yes, please contact our business sales team to check your eligibility.
If you are already a paying ProtonMail or ProtonVPN user and you take advantage of this promotion, the new plan you select will replace your existing plan. We will credit you the unused balance of your existing subscription as a proration credit.
If you take advantage of a Black Friday deal, your plan will renew at the end of the period you selected at our greatest discounted rate. The renewal prices are as follows:
– The ProtonMail Plus for one year deal renews after one year at a discounted annual price of $48 (20% discount).
– The ProtonMail Plus + ProtonVPN Plus deal for two years renews after two years at a discounted two-year price of $190.40 (47% discount).
– The ProtonMail Plus + ProtonVPN Plus deal for one year renews after one year at a discounted annual price of $115.20 (36% discount).
The discount percentages are based on standard monthly pricing for services purchased separately.
You can pay in Bitcoin to get the Black Friday deal but not from the landing page or your account dashboard directly. If you have never used our service before, you have to sign up first. Then log in at mail.protonmail.com and go to Settings -> Dashboard, click on the “Add credits” button, choose Bitcoin as your payment method, and add a sufficient amount for the promotion you’d like to get. After the credits appear in your account, you can then pick the plan you want, check out, and the credits will be automatically applied.
Try refreshing the page. If you still don’t see it, please contact Support.