ProtonMail BETA v1.05 Release Notes

We are happy to announce the release of ProtonMail v1.05. As usual, please completely clear your browser cache to make sure you load the latest version of ProtonMail.

• Login and password resetting system is improved.
  • Security enhancements based on external security audit by Cyberkov.
  • A few UI improvements – better mobile and tablet support.
  • Replying to empty encrypted message is correctly handled.

• Sending to Yahoo is now working.
  • Search can be done on Sender, Message Title, and unencrypted Message Body.
  • Email bounces now properly handled.

Known Issues

• Multiple attachments not properly supported
  • Older browser versions are not fully supported, please use the latest browser versions.
  • Mobile and Tablet not yet fully supported

34 comments on “ProtonMail BETA v1.05 Release Notes

• I have a suggestion, over time when you company gets big businesses will want to use it, I suggest adding a sub domain, and a domain changer/adder. This way people with a free acont can pick form a set of domains like name@encripted.com or name@safemail.com, if people want costome domains they need to pay. You get more $ and we the free paying people get a larger selection.

Sory for my spelling im in a rush

• I need to be able to ‘import’ contacts to your system. I have two thousand so using your system on a daily basis will depend on your adding this feature.

As someone else said, we need ‘folders’ quickly also. Another must have.

I DO like what I see, and think you have something here worth developing.

Thanks!

• Are there plans to implement importing contacts? (Forgive me if I have just not yet found the feature… it’s been less than half an hour since I started using the beta account).
    Thanks.

• I hope you will support (in the future of course) synchronizing with a CardDav server, this is one of the things I really miss in other “online” email programs, as I set up multiple CardDav address books on my NAS.

Also the ability to decrypt PGP messages (within ProtonMail, without the use of an external program) with a PGP public keychain storage would be awesome, as I receive quite some messages encrypted with PGP 😉

• Thank you for the future Import function; I have to move a lot objects from my current gmx.ch account – best regards

• Hello,

How do you do the search on message body if the messages are encrypted ?

And please, change the interface to a full ajax one, it’s really slow with a full page refresh.

Good luck 🙂

• Right now our server load is very high so the performance is not as good. We have ajax in version 1.06 which will be released very soon. Right now, we do not search encrypted message body, but in the future, we have some clever ways to partially enable this capability that we will implement.

• Are there any plans to have some kind of NAS with all of this preinstalled? I would like to use this at my home or company network.

Also: Are there any plans for a feature where I can collect the mails from all my other accounts and filter and sort them into folders?

Thanks.

• Are there any plans to get the inbox to auto-refresh / push emails because at the moment if the inbox is open you have to physically click on “Inbox” to refresh the page to show new emails.

• In order to have people converted and really start using ProtonMail, it is required to be able to import existing contacts (e.g. from Google Contacts).
    Best,
    Luc

• Would be nice if we could customize the email that is sent to outside domains when message is encrypted. Also allow users to reply to an encrypted email from the email page – like a secure reply.

• It should be out next week, we’re just doing more security checks and testing, v1.06 will be a pretty major update.

• can you provide details for setting up account to work with the IPhone ??

ie smtp server for incoming and out going

server ports etc.

• Cheers,
    I got a question which could not be answered yet by the information provided on your webpage and blog:

You mention on your webpage:
    “No private / public key management.”

Here the question emerges: Does this imply that you generate the keys by yourself /and/ store somewhere?
    If yes: where (in which state) are they stored? and wouldn’t that also imply that you as an email provider could have insights in my private key?

I’m looking forward to your answers and hope to get things clarified.

Best regards

• Yes, we had some issues with our first attempt to roll out version 1.06 (which is a major update) so we had to roll back. v1.06 is live again now, but there are some bugs so v1.07 is coming soon.

• We just rolled out Beta version 1.06 which was a major update. Version 1.07 should follow shortly as v1.06 introduced a couple bugs that we will be fixing right away.

• Hi, I wanted to tell you that it would also be good option implemented languages, eg the Spanish would be welcome. Thank you