ProtonMail BETA v1.06 Release Notes

We are happy to announce the release of ProtonMail v1.06. As usual, please completely clear your browser cache to make sure you load the latest version of ProtonMail.

• Fixed a bug where you would lose your place in your inbox.
  • You can now print encrypted emails including message title and attachment names.
  • Added code to support multiple languages for your Display Name.

• Optimized database layer for speed and to allow for more users.
    • Inbox automatically updates to show new emails.
    • You can now edit existing contacts.
    • Reworked API in preparation for external access post beta.
    • You can now jump to any page in your Inbox using a dropdown menu.

• Improved Search page dramatically.

Known Issues

• Multiple attachments not properly supported.
  • Mobile and Tablet not yet fully supported.
  • Attachments are not encrypted.

Jason Stockman

Jason is the Co-Founder of ProtonMail. He works on building ProtonMail's webmail interface and front-end encryption. Jason has 10+ years experience building websites and applications.

18 comments on “ProtonMail BETA v1.06 Release Notes

• I have successfully been able to send multiple attachments. But only when they are in the same folder so that I may be able to shift+select them.

• Are you guys also working on access via IMAP/SMTP? I am really curious as to how you would implement the encryption part.
    But on the other hand, I would really like this!

• Having working encryption with IMAP/SMTP is a bit tricky, we’re exploring multiple solutions to this problem at the moment.

• Looking forward to IMAP – wouldn’t a plugin be a solution? I’m aware that there are two passwords and the one for mails probably isn’t even transmitted to the server, so client plugin sounds like a solution.

• Gentlemen,

I’ve been using the product for a little over a week. I’ve made this my primary private account. Now I am getting enough emails that folders or labels would be a godsend. When do you think you’ll have folders up and running?

I know, I am being nitpicky. LOVE LOVE the service. Sent some encrypted emails to hotmail and gmail users. All went immediately on your waiting list. Proud to support and be lifetime! Keep it up…cannot wait until you get out of BETA.

• Folders are a feature we are working on right now. Currently, we have a more simple version of that in place with the starred messages. We expect to have folders in place by the end of the summer!

• Great! I’ve never used starred messages that way but will try. That being said, cannot say I miss Gmail, not even a little bit. Thanks again for everything. This really is as simple as advertised. I like the fact that a YubiKey is coming.

• Thank’s 4 your work. Its great!
    Is it planned to add a function to see the whole Source-Code from an msg?

Further Q… What functions are actually planned to implement to the Business Accounts (Own Domain)?
    Groupware? Calendar / Adressbook / Mail-Folder-Sharing sharing inside the own domain would be great?!

• Hi Herb, we don’t yet have the feature to read the entire source code of the message, but it is possible to view the message headers. In the message display, there is a View Headers button that shows the headers.

For business accounts, we will support custom domains, and also a calendar feature. The address book actually already exists, we call it contacts.

• You can use ProtonMail using the browser on your phone, in the near future, we will also release mobile apps.

• I’d like to stress that your mobile apps should be designed with screen-reader accessibility in mind. Please provide buttons and other controls with proper labels, and perhaps even allow someone to test apps for accessibility pitfalls. I’d be happy to offer my time, as a proud PM user. @CarlosP on Twitter

• Love the service, thanks very much.

Support for the blackberry hub would be amazing, even as a paid premium app. An android app will also run nicely on the 10.3.1 so I am looking forward either way!

Encrypted phone with encrypted email!

Cheers

• Thank you for the support! We’re developing iOS and Android apps for ProtonMail and we are planning to release them in the coming months.

• How is the enabling of custom folders going? I am switching Protonmail to my primary account and this is the one feature that allows me to track critical information in the long term.

John