San Francisco, Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Skopje. Remote may also be possible.
Prior software development experience is necessary
Proton Technologies has around 40 employees located in Geneva, San Francisco, Skopje, Prague, Zurich and also remote around the world. You will be working on iOS and MacOS apps that will be used by millions of people worldwide. You will be joining a dynamic, vibrant, and highly talented software team.
As you will be working in an international environment, English fluency is mandatory. Women and other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We will provide all necessary residency and work permits.
What You Need for this Position:
Bonus points for:
- Experience in iOS development, with sample apps you are proud of.
- 2+ years of experience in software development with a strong command of OOP.
- Experience working with RESTful web APIs.
- Knowledge of Git or other source control.
- Experience with Swift (or the ability to learn it quickly).
- Extensive experience working on extremely complex software projects
- Strong background in computer science (algorithms, data structure, software design, reliability, maintainability, etc)
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment
What you will be doing:
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices for mobile development
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study and/or scientific background from a top institution
- Math/Physics/CS competition winner (ACM ICPC, International Math/Physics Olympiad, Putnam, etc)
- Highly rated apps in App store with large number of downloads
Contribute to the iOS and MacOS development effort for existing and future products created by Proton Technologies (ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, etc). Interact with our existing backend REST APIs and provide feedback based on mobile needs. Work with web, backend, and server teams on building new features. Work with QA/Support team in analyzing and debugging.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- You will learn many things you can't learn anywhere else
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Startup environment where everyone matters and can make a big impact
- Have the opportunity to drive and be responsible for a product from start to finish
- Work in an ultra high growth environment solving interesting problems, there is never a boring moment
- Work with other exceptional engineers on challenging problems
- Fast growth also means there are many opportunities for rapid advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- High potential upside. In addition to highly competitive salaries, key employees can receive valuable early employee stock options.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default, and not merely an afterthought. Be part of this revolution that is changing the world.
How to apply?
Send your resume to and explain why you are interested in working at ProtonMail along with links to your apps you've worked on that you are most proud of.