Geneva, Zurich, Switzerland preferred.
3-5 years of relevant experience
ProtonVPN is a subsidiary of Proton Technologies AG. Proton Technologies AG is one of Switzerland's fastest growing and most significant startups, principally known for ProtonMail, the world's largest secure email service, with millions of users in over 150 countries. The ProtonVPN division is successful in its own right, with around 1 million users worldwide, several million CHF in revenue, and a rapid growth rate.
We are searching for a dynamic leader to join ProtonVPN as Director, responsible for the entire division, and reporting directly to Proton's CEO and Board of Directors. In this role, you will have the opportunity to scale an already successful division, into becoming the dominant player in the billion dollar VPN market, building upon Proton's unique position within the consumer privacy and security sector.
The ideal candidate for this position has a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership in a startup environment. In particular, we are seeking candidates with strong backgrounds in B2C technology, product, and marketing. This position will be based in Switzerland (most likely Geneva or Zurich) and will require some travel between the different Proton offices in Europe.
Responsibilities and duties:
Qualification and skills:
- Lead and help drive ProtonVPN's continued growth and expansion.
- Help hire and build ProtonVPN core team (technical and non-technical)
- Achieve strong growth through a focus on superior product combined with an effectively implemented marketing strategy
- Represent the company as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events and public meetings
- Prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise Proton's Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study (recommended, not required)
- More than 3 years of managerial experience
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Leadership and organizational skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and drive teams
- Broad previous experience in B2C tech (anti-virus would be a related industry)
- Strong marketing/branding background with a keen sense for product
- Previous startup/entrepreneurship experience is a plus
How to apply?
Please send your resume to (English)