In this article, we show you how to create new contacts in Proton Contacts and how to import contacts from a CSV or VCF file.
Add individual contacts
To add a new contact to your contacts list:
1. In the ProtonMail web app, click the App Selector icon and select Proton Contacts.
2. Select New contact and input your contact’s details. Click Save when you’re done.
If you wish to add contacts from a different email provider or contact list, you must first obtain a CSV or VCF file that contains the contacts you wish to add. See Exporting contacts from other mail providers for a guide on how to obtain this file.
Once you have the list of contacts you wish to add, please ensure your file is formatted in UTF-8 and follow these steps:
1. In the ProtonMail web app, click the App Selector icon and select Proton Contacts (see above).
2. Go to Settings → Proton Contacts → Import & Export → Import and click on the Import contacts button.
4. A window will open showing how our contact import algorithm will automatically map the header fields from the contacts file to the VCard header fields that Proton Contacts uses. You can manually adjust these if you wish. When you are ready, click Import.