Bitwarden is an open source password manager that lets you store all your passwords in one central, secure location. Below you will find steps to install Bitwarden on your mobile device and web browser, as well as how to save your ProtonMail login credentials.
You can find all the Bitwarden apps on their download page.
1) Open the ProtonMail app and tap on the padlock icon:
2) Tap the Bitwarden button:
3) When the Bitwarden app opens, log in and tap on the “+” in the right corner:
4) Enter your username and your login password in the appropriate fields:
This information will be saved, and the next time you want to log in you will only need to tap on the ProtonMail credentials:
To use Bitwarden with the ProtonMail app on Android, you must first download and set up the Bitwarden app. This includes turning on the autofill options for Bitwarden in the Android settings menu. To do this you need to follow the steps provided on the Bitwarden site here.
Once this is done, it is a quick process to enter your ProtonMail credentials into Bitwarden.
1) Open you ProtonMail app to the login screen. (If you are logged into your ProtonMail app, you will need to log out.) If you have set up the autofill options, a small button from Bitwarden will appear. Tap it.
2) This will take you to your Bitwarden vault. To add your ProtonMail account to your vault, tap “ADD AN ITEM.”
3) Manually enter your ProtonMail username and password in the appropriate fields and then tap “SAVE.”
That’s it. The next time you try to log in to your ProtonMail Android app, you will be able to autofill your username and password with Bitwarden.
1) Using the Bitwarden download page above, download the correct extension for your browser.
2) Once you install the Bitwarden browser extension, the Bitwarden icon will appear in the toolbar of your browser next to the URL field.
3) Click on the icon and you will see this login screen:
Log in to Bitwarden using your username and master password. The Bitwarden icon will turn blue once you are logged in.
4) Go to the ProtonMail login page. Click on the Bitwarden icon. Then click “Add a Login.”
5) Enter your ProtonMail username and password manually.
Once you have entered your ProtonMail login credentials, just click “Save” and you are done. The next time you try to log in to ProtonMail, you will be able to copy your username and password from Bitwarden.