Enable Desktop Notifications
We have added a new notification feature that allows you to receive desktop notifications while you are logged in to your ProtonMail account. The first time you log in on the latest version of ProtonMail you will be asked if you will allow ProtonMail to send you notifications:
Once you allow this, the next time you receive a new message, you will see a notification pop-up in the lower right corner of your screen:
To check if you have allowed the notifications you can click in the Certificate field, left of the address bar.
Please note that at this moment Internet Explorer does not support desktop notifications.
Disable Desktop Notifications
Disabling desktop notifications requires going within your specific browser settings to remove the authorization. Please find your browser below to learn how to disable the notification. If you do not see your browser, please ask their support team for more information on how to disable desktop notifications.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Choose to block or allow notifications:
- Block all: Turn off Ask before sending.
- Block a site: Next to “Block,” click Add. Enter the site and click Add.
- Allow a site: Next to “Allow,” click Add. Enter the site and click Add.
- Open Firefox
- Select the Open Menu option in the upper right corner
- Navigate to the Content tab and select Notifications
- Select Choose…
- Within the Notification Permission module, select mail.protonmail.com, Remove Site, and Save Changes
- Open Brave
- Within the Menu select Preferences…
- Under the Security tab you will see Saved Site Permissions
- To remove the notification permissions, you can select the orange “x” shown next to mail.protonmail.com