Email phishing is one of the most common ways for attackers to take over your account or deliver malware to your device. For businesses, targeted phishing attacks are the biggest IT security threat. As part of our effort to mitigate this threat to our users, ProtonMail offers a link confirmation feature on all devices.
The feature is enabled by default, but you can turn it off and on in Settings. This article explains how to configure the link confirmation feature on the web app, Android, and iOS.
- Log in to your account at mail.protonmail.com and click on Settings → Go to Settings.
- In the General tab, under the Messages section, you can use the toggle switch to enable and disable Link confirmation.
1. Tap the hamburger menu in the top left of the Android app and go to your Settings.
2. Under the Privacy Settings section, toggle the slider next to Request link confirmation to turn the feature on or off.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Toggle the slider next to Request link confirmation to turn the feature on or off.