While our apps can be downloaded for free from the iOS and Android stores, we will continue to release new versions earlier to Beta program members. New features, advanced performance optimizations, and cutting-edge encryption improvements will be exclusively released to Beta users before their public release.
This article explains the steps to join ProtonMail Beta on your desktop and on the Android and iOS apps.
How to use ProtonMail beta on desktop
It’s extremely simple to use the ProtonMail beta program in the web app. Simply go to beta.protonmail.com and log into your ProtonMail account.
How to join ProtonMail beta on Android
To use the ProtonMail beta on your Android device, go to the ProtonMail app in Google Play. Scroll down to the section called “Become a beta tester” and tap on “Join now”.
How to join ProtonMail beta on iOS
To use the ProtonMail beta on iOS, follow the steps below:
- Install the TestFlight app on your device.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an invitation to join the iOS beta program, along with the email address tied to your Apple App Store account.
- Once we have added you to the beta, you will receive a message on the email address linked with your Apple ID. From there, you need to accept the invite, which will open the TestFlight app.
Steps detailed here.
Found a bug?
In the event that you find a bug in the application, you can report it to us using the report bug feature in the application which is shown here.
You can also contact us via this link https://protonmail.com/support-form. When contacting us regarding the mobile application beta, we would appreciate having the following details to help us better address your issue.
- iOS or Android
- Device Type (Nexus 6P, iPhone 7, etc.)
- Operating System Version (Android 9.0, iOS 12, etc.)
- Application Version number (To find your version number, follow the instructions here: https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/mobile-app-version-number-ios-and-android/).
Release notes and feedback
Each ProtonMail beta release has a list of release notes attached to it. You can give us feedback on beta features and beta versions in the comments below, or discussed them on social media:
Request new features
We also give users a chance to request and vote for new features in the ProtonMail feedback forum:
Get updates by email
If you would like to get updates by email whenever a new beta build is available, you can sign up for the ProtonMail Beta newsletter by navigating to Settings -> Account and checking the box next to Proton Beta under Email Subscriptions.