If you have found a bug in ProtonMail, you can report it directly to us.
- Learn how to report a bug using our iOS and iPadOS app
- Learn how to report a bug using our Android app
In this article, we look at how to report a bug using our web (browser) app.
How to report a bug using our web app
1. Visit www.mail.protonmail.com in your browser. Click on your account name and go to Get help → Report a problem.
2. Fill in our bug report form.
Please include the following details in your report:
- Email address
- Category – select the closest match from the dropdown menu
- What happened – a description of the error. This should ideally include a description of the bug, plus any other information that might be useful (such as what happened just before the issue occurred). If the bug is reproducible, a step-by-step record of exactly what actions result in the bug would be a great help.
- Attach screenshots – if possible, please upload screenshots that show the bug.
- System information – some basic system information is sent to us automatically when you file a bug report. Click Show info to view the information being submitted.
Click Submit when you are done.