Sending a safe and secure message has never been easier. Here’s a step by step guide on composing and sending messages:
1) Click the Compose button on the left side of your ProtonMail account.
2) Type your recipient’s email address in the “TO:” field.
- As you type a recipient’s address, ProtonMail will suggest addresses from your Contacts list using auto-complete.
- Once you’ve entered a contact in the “To” field, hover over the contact’s name to see the email address and other information associated with it. Double-click a contact’s name to edit the email address or name.
- We suggest using the carbon copy feature when you’d like to include additional recipients whose responses are welcome but not required. Display this field by clicking the CC button at above the TO field. The blind carbon copy field (click BCC to display) lets you hide recipients’ addresses and names from one another.
3) Enter a subject for your message in the “Subject” field.
4) Write your message! Just click in the large field below the subject line and start typing when you are ready.
5) When you’re done deciding about the extra features, click the Send button at the bottom of your compose window.
In addition to the above method, ProtonMail offers hotkeys that allow you to quickly perform the tasks you do the most in ProtonMail. You can compose and send a message all from the comfort of your keyboard. Find our how here: https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/keyboard-shortcuts/.
You may be asking yourself what all those additional options are on the side of the compose page. Learn more about the many more features ProtonMail offers when composing mail.