Geneva, Zurich, San Francisco
Who We are:
For those up to the challenge, ProtonMail provides an intense and exciting atmosphere as part of one of Europe's highest profile and fastest growing startups. We're looking for bright and highly motivated problem solvers to join our team of experts.
ProtonMail has around 80 employees located in Geneva, San Francisco, Vilnius, Skopje, Prague, Zurich and also remote around the world.
What You will be doing:
While the open nature of email is great for interoperability, accessibility and freedom from centralized control, it also creates challenging spam and abuse problems. For instance, a significant percentage of incoming emails to ProtonMail users are spam, some of which are dangerous phishing attempts. Also, as a free email service open to all, ProtonMail inevitably attracts signups from spammers who abuse our excellent email delivery and reputation.
You will join our team to build and operate sophisticated anti-spam and anti-abuse systems. Your work will directly improve the user experience and digital security of millions of people around the world. You should have extensive experience designing and running real-time analysis and prediction systems.
- Improve our anti-spam filtering
- Improve our abuse detection and prevention systems
- Deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot these critical services
- Participate in rotating on-call duties in a global, 24x7x365, team
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Operated big data storage and web services
- Expert in data analysis and machine learning (anomaly detection, time series, clustering, NLP)
- Software engineering experience (Python, PHP)
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Startup culture where everyone matters and can make a big impact
- Work in an ultra-high grow environment solving interesting problems, there is never a boring moment
- Fast growth also means there are many opportunities for rapid advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects freedom-fighters, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default, and not merely an afterthought. Be part of this revolution that is changing the world.
How to apply?