Geneva, Switzerland or Vilnius, Lithuania. Remote is not possible
ProtonMail has around 25 employees located at offices in Geneva, Switzerland, San Francisco, California, Skopje, Macedonia, Vilnius, Lithuania and also remote around the world. You will be working on the server infrastructure that provides email to millions of people worldwide. You will be joining and dynamic, fast-paced, and highly talented infrastructure team.
What You Need for this Position:
What You Will Be Doing:
- 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration (ProtonMail uses RedHat derivatives)
- Expert knowledge in systems security
- Expert knowledge in networking
- Expert in shell scripting
- Knowledge of automated server deployment and monitoring
- Knowledge of software programming
- Knowledge of Git, SVN or other source control.
- Ability to work independently.
ProtonMail runs a sophisticated and rapidly growing server and network infrastructure. Our servers are distributed across multiple datacenters in Switzerland connected by a high performance network. As a large security focused web company, our infrastructure works on some truly challenging scaling and security problems that are not often encountered. The scope of the work will be wide, ranging from system level security and optimization, to high level infrastructure design, redundant networks, web and mail load balancing, DDoS protection, DNS infrastructure, intelligent monitoring and failover, etc.
Thus, the position involves more than just administration and site reliability, but also engineering and development. In addition to our email product, you will also be working on several other secret projects being built by Proton Technologies. Working in our infrastructure team is challenging and demanding, and requires extensive experience and the ability to learn and work extremely quickly.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- You can play a key role in team you are joining.
- Your work will have a direct and visible impact on the development of the company.
- Your work will directly be used by millions of people worldwide.
- Do something meaningful. We protect the privacy of journalists, dissidents, and activists around the world, your work will have a direct social impact.
- We are challenging giants such as Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft and transforming the way private data is treated online
- Flexible work schedule, work when you want, where you want, as long as the work is done
- Many career advancement opportunities. As an early employee, you will be able to assume a leadership role as the company grows.
- Be part of the infrastructure team in one of Europe's fastest growing tech companies.
We offer competitive salaries, and stock option grants to top performing members of the team who stay with us for at least 1 year. Due to the nature of our company and our extremely selective hiring process, we give stock option grants that are much larger than normal.
Interested in applying? Please contact us at email@example.com (English / French)