1Password password manager provides a cloud hosted solution for storing your passwords in one central location. Below you will find steps to install 1Password on mobile and web, and save your ProtonMail login credentials in the app. Unfortunately this password manager does not support saving multiple logins for the same domain. This means you can only save either the login or the mailbox password.
1) Open the ProtonMail app and tap on the padlock icon:
2) Tap on the bottom “More” button:
3) Enable 1Password
4) Tap the 1Password button:
5) When the 1Password app opens, log in and tap on “New Login”:
6) Enter your username in the first field, and your login password in the second field:
This information will be saved, and the next time you want to log in you will only need to tap on the ProtonMail credentials:
Since the app can’t save more than one password, you will need to enter the mailbox password manually.
To use 1Password with the ProtonMail app on Android, first the 1Password app needs to be setup properly, this includes enabling the 1Password keyboard and the Automatic Filling. To do this you need to follow the steps provided on the 1Password site here.
Once this is done, you can use the 1Password keyboard to log in on the app:
After the selecting the ProtonMail entry, you will need to tap the “Sign In” button. This will take you to the mailbox password window, where you will need to enter the mailbox password manually.
- Follow this link: https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/
- Download the extension for 1Password
- You will see the 1Password icon in the toolbar of your browser next to the URL
- Right click on the icon and you will see this list menu
- Open the 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet to download the 1Password application
- Find the application icon on your Desktop and set up main password
- Then go to https://mail.protonmail.com/login and try to login using your credentials
- Once you insert your username and login password you will be shown this pop-up to save the password
- Once you save it you can see it in the application on your Desktop
Please note: After the selecting the ProtonMail entry, you will need to tap the “Login” button. This will take you to the mailbox password window, where you will need to enter the mailbox password manually.