If you are a Professional or Visionary user, you can easily add Members to your account in the Addresses/Users tab in the Settings of your account once you have created an Organization (see how to create an Organization).
You will then be prompted with a Member wizard with details to create the name of the member, Private, key strength, email address, password, and allocate storage for that member.
- The name on the account is for your administrative use only and is not publicly accessible.
- Member accounts can be selected to be Private accounts. You can learn more about what this means here.
- The Key Strength dictates the security for that account.
- Members are able to have multiple email addresses assigned to them. You are now creating the first email address for this members inbox. You will need to enter the password twice to confirm it is correct. This password can be changed by the user after they have logged in in the settings of their account.
- Allocated Storage to the account will come from your organization’s total storage subscription. You can increase the storage of your organization by visiting the dashboard of your account and adding it to your subscription.
You have now successfully created a new member. Please contact support through the “Report Bug” option at the top of your screen if you have any problems creating members for your organization.
Below are some additional articles to assist you while setting up ProtonMail Business accounts:
Step 1: Setting up Your Domain(s)
Step 2: Creating your Organization
[You are currently here] Step 3: Setting up User(s)
Step 4: Migration of existing email messages (Coming 2018)