ProtonMail’s secure email service can also be used for enterprises large and small. With our Professional plan, your company can use end-to-end encryption to secure your business communications.
In this article, we will provide an overview of ProtonMail Professional accounts and how they can assist your organization in securing your email communications.
How can I use ProtonMail in my business?
Every day, business employees send sensitive data through email with the assumption that the information is secure and will remain private. We have seen from the ever-increasing number of data breaches that this assumption no longer holds true. Instead, a better assumption is that your organization will suffer a data breach at some point in the future.
ProtonMail offers a hosted email solution to ensure your information remains secure even in the event that your business does suffer a data breach.
Getting a ProtonMail Professional account
Signing up for ProtonMail Professional is easy.
- Visit our business pricing page
- Use the slider to select the Number of users in your organization, then click Sign up now.
- Create a Username and Password for your account.
- You can then customize your ProtonMail Professional plan to include additional users, additional domains, or to add a ProtonVPN plan to your Mail subscription. Storage and the number of addresses your organization can use are determined by the number of users it has.
- When you are ready, Proceed to Checkout to pay by card or PayPal.
ProtonMail for Business – Benefits
ProtonMail has a relentless focus on securing the world’s information. To ensure this, we offer:
- Data control through end-to-end encryption
- High security
- High reliability
- Low cost
ProtonMail for Business – Pricing
No longer do you have to invest in expensive up-front server costs and maintain legacy systems to keep your data secure. ProtonMail Professional accounts offer simple, cost-effective pricing that remains constant, based on the number of accounts your organization needs. We do not require long-term contracts — so you’ll never feel stuck again.
Our per-user pricing is $6.25/month when paid annually, and $8/month when paid on a month-to-month basis.
ProtonMail for Business – Getting started
To get started using ProtonMail for your business you will need a ProtonMail Professional account and access to update your domain’s DNS. Domains only allow having one primary mail server, meaning every email account active on your domain will need to be transferred to ProtonMail in order to continue receiving mail. Please contact us if you are looking to use ProtonMail in conjunction with your current mail system.
ProtonMail for Business – Migration tools
Migrating your existing email data to ProtonMail may be necessary for your organization. We help make this transition as seamlessly as possible using the following tools:
- Import-export app – a desktop application for importing your old mailbox into ProtonMail. This process can take a number of hours, depending on the size of your old mailbox.
- Import assistant – our new tool can be launched from inside the web app and automates the transfer of messages and folders from your external email account to ProtonMail. The process is performed in the background by our servers, so once initiated, no further action is required on your part.
Both tools ensure email messages are encrypted the moment they arrive in your ProtonMail account, making the transition to a secure email provider easy and risk-free.
We also offer dedicated support to business users. For more information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations, Users, and Administrators
Professional accounts support user hierarchy, giving organization administrators the power to easily monitor and add users to your organization as well as assign administrative privileges to other users. You can learn more about how the structure works here: Organization User Roles Details
Transitioning your Business to ProtonMail
Step 1: Setting up your domain(s)
Step 2: Creating your organization
Step 3: Setting up user(s)
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, try checking out our Professional Plan FAQ.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about using ProtonMail for your business.