To protect your encrypted messages from falling into the wrong hands when you are not monitoring your device, you can setup a Auto Lock feature in the ProtonMail app. This feature will prompt users to enter a four digit PIN to open the ProtonMail app. You can set your device to auto lock every time you close your app, or after a set amount of time. You can also manually require a PIN to be entered by locking the device in the menu of the app.
Set PIN Lock
- Open Settings found in the Menu
- Select Use PIN
- Enter a four digit PIN code and select Create
- Enter the same four digit PIN code and select Confirm
Set Auto Lock
Setting auto lock allows you to have peace of mind that your encrypted email is secure without having to manually lock your account.
- Visit the Settings in the Menu of the ProtonMail app
- Select PIN Settings
- Select Lock App Options
- Choose the duration you would like the app to lock after you have last used the app.